Potatoes and cheese are a match made in heaven & with this dish you get plenty of both. This Swiss Fondue & Charcuterie board with our delicious & extremely dip-able baby red Steam’d potatoes will be the show-stealer for any of your get-togethers. Thank you to the extremely talented An Edible Mosaic for this cheesy creation!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1/2 pound Gruyère cheese, shredded
- 1/2 pound Emmentaler cheese, shredded
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 pinch freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 pinch freshly-grated nutmeg
- 1 (1 pound) bag of Simply Good Steam’d Baby Reds Idaho Potatoes
- Cornichons or baby dill pickles
- Sliced baguette or crackers
- Fresh fruit, just as grapes, apple, or pear
- Fresh broccoli or cauliflower florets
- Mixed nuts
- Assorted jams
- Fresh herbs
To Make the Fondue:
- Rub the garlic clove on the inside of a fondue pot or 3-quart saucepan.
- Toss the cheeses and cornstarch together until the cheese is coated with cornstarch.
- Add the cheese mixture, lemon juice, and white wine to the prepared pan.
- Heat over medium heat until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Once the cheese starts to melt, turn the heat down to medium-low and continue cooking until the cheese is fully melted and smooth without being stringy, slowly stirring constantly. This takes about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve the fondue immediately along with baby red potatoes and anything else you like.
Fondue should be eaten warm, but no worries if you don’t have a special fondue pot! You can place this on a hot plate set to warm while your guests dip in.
Want to try out our Steam’d Ready to Cook Baby Potatoes? Find out more here!