Meat & Potatoes. Is there anything better? This hearty, flavorful meal features fresh-baked seasoned salmon and our Southwest Fresh Blends for a quick, healthy, & delicious meal with just the right amount of heat.
Southwest Seasoning Ingredients
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (can reduce or omit)
- 4 6 oz. wild salmon filets
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
- Preheat the broiler on high and place a rack about 4-6 inches from the broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean-up. Spray with cooking spray.
- Combine all southwest seasoning ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Place salmon fillets on the baking sheet, skin side down first.
- Generously season the tops of each salmon piece with the seasoning mixture. Top each salmon filet with a pat of butter.
- Broil salmon on high for 6-8 minutes. You will know the salmon is ready when it flakes easily. Cooking time will vary depending on salmon thickness.
- While salmon is broiling, cook Fresh Blends potatoes in the microwave for 8 minutes.
- Let salmon and Fresh Blends rest for 3-4 minutes.
- Plate & serve with desired toppings (salsa, avocado, guacamole, cilantro, hot sauce, fresh lime)
Use our Store Locator to find Fresh Blends near you!