These cheesy queso smashed baby yellow potatoes are the ultimate appetizer, snack, or game-day dish. Crispy, savory, and tender Simply Good Simply Fresh Baby Yellow Potatoes drizzled with creamy cheese sauce. We could eat this every day. It’s that good!
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1.5 lbs Simply Good Simply Fresh® baby yellow potatoes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup queso
- ¼ cup chopped green onions.
- Bring water to a boil in a pot, then add unpeeled baby yellow potatoes. Boil potatoes for 15 minutes. Drain water and let potatoes cool for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven at 400℉.
- Using a potato masher, lightly smash each baby yellow potato but avoid breaking it apart completely.
- Place smashed potatoes at least 1-inch apart on a baking sheet. Drizzle each potato with vegetable oil and lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Heat Queso and drizzle it onto potatoes, then sprinkle potatoes with chopped green onions.
- Serve with leftover queso on the side…and enjoy!
Want to learn more about our Simply Good Simply Fresh Baby Potatoes? Find more here!