You’ll have to trust us on this one. Delicious, crispy, and creamy would be some words to describe this tasty torte.
Makes 8 servings
- 1 bunch of green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 2 pounds yellow potatoes, peeled, and cut into 1/8 inch thick rounds
- 12 ounces green or yellow summer squash, cut into 1/8 inch thick rounds
- 6 teaspoons of olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 375 F. Butter cast iron skillet. Set aside 1/4 cup of sliced green onions. Sprinkle the remaining green onions, cheese, thyme, flour, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl to blend.
- Layer 1/6th of the potato rounds in circles in the bottom of 1 buttered skillet. Overlap the rounds slightly. Layer 1/4 of the squash in circles on top of the potatoes. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of olive oil over the squash. Sprinkle 1/6th of the cheese mixture over the olive oil. Top with another layer of potato rounds. Top the 2nd layer of potato rounds with squash rounds. Drizzle another teaspoon of olive oil over the squash. Sprinkle 1/6th of the cheese mixture over the olive oil. Press gently to flatten your layers. Repeat the procedure until you are out of mixture/potatoes/squash.
- Cover your skillet with foil. Bake until potatoes are almost tender. This usually takes about 40 minutes. Remove the foil. Bake uncovered torte until it begins to brown and potatoes are tender. This usually takes about 20 additional minutes.
- Cut torte into wedges. Sprinkle wedges with 1/4 cup of green onions. Serve & enjoy!
Did you know Eagle Eye Produce grows summer squash & potatoes? Find out more here!