You know what they say. When life gives you onions make onion rings. There’s nothing better than the crunch and flavor of an old fashioned fried onion ring.
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of milk
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1-quart oil
- Heat the oil in a deep-fryer to 365 degrees F.
- Separate the 1/4 inch slices of onions into rings.
- In a small bowl, stir flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Dip the onion rings into the batter. Make sure you coat the entire ring.
- Whisk the egg and milk into the flour mixture using a fork.
- Dip the floured rings into the new batter and coat the entire ring. Place rings on a rack to drain excess batter.
- Spread bread crumbs out on a plate and place rings one by one into the crumbs.
- Deep fry the rings a few at a time for 2-3 minutes. When they are golden brown they are ready. Remove and dab with paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Season with salt. Serve & enjoy!
Did you know Eagle Eye Produce grows onions under the Harvest Select® brand? Find out more here!