Looking for a fun appetizer at your memorial day weekend BBQ? This Honey Glazed Grilled Watermelon recipe is sure to do the trick with a sweet, caramelized, smoky flavor sure to get your weekend off to a good start.
- 8 Slices of Seedless Watermelon
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat your grill on High.
- Lightly salt your watermelon slices, and stand them on their rinds to help drain the excess water. This usually takes 10-15 minutes.
- Once your slices are drained, use a paper towel and dab the slices gently to remove water.
- Use a brush and light cover the watermelon slices with honey. Make sure you cover the entire surface area. This will help keep the watermelon soft while having a good sear.
- Place your slices on the grill. It usually takes 2-3 minutes on each side. Do not cook for too long, you just want them on long enough to get nice grill marks on both sides.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Did you know Eagle Eye Produce grows watermelon under the HarvesTime® brand? Find out more here!